Handmade Jewelry for the Special Occasion

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I became a grandmother???

At the beginning of April we traveled for about 10 days and when we came back we noticed a little pigeon's nest in our balcony. The next day my husband found one egg.


The day after he noticed a second egg....


So we decided to read a little about them and learned that it takes between two to three weeks for the little babies to come out of the shell. We were worried that they would not come out of the eggs, since Pancho, our dog, would scare the parents all the time. Here's a picture of Pancho for those who don't know him yet:


But today, my husband told me that we're grandparents!!! It seems like the little pigeons were born today. There's no way to see them yet since the parents are still sitting on the nest. But the shells are on the side of the nest so that means that they were born today. I'll post some pictures as soon as the parents let us take them. So, remember to check back soon!!!


5 comments:

  1. Oh, how exciting!! Now you get to watch them grow and leave the nest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, come to think of it I have never seen a baby pigeon! Can't wait to see the pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for following my blog! How exciting with the pigons eggs! I will look in on your blog to see how it goes!

    Have a good day!

    Eline

    ReplyDelete
  4. So we still haven't been able to take a good picture. But I guess we have to be patient. This is very exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I hope you get a good picture soon.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails