How is Fall going so far for everyone? Here the weather is very crazy, some days cold others quite warm…but it’s definitely starting to feel like Autumn. And with the cooler weather coming we decided it’s a great time to introduce our next guest blogger, Chrissy from WorldPeac, who wrote a very nice tutorial on how to make your own homemade rub and adorn nicely for Christmas presents. But not only that, she is also offering 15% OFF anything in her shop WorldPeac if you use coupon code: FEATURED
Here is her tutorial:
“As we head into winter, most families begin to stock up on the necessities for treating the common cold: Tylenol, cough syrup, and Vick's VapoRub. Used on chests, this petrolatum-based gel penetrates our nasal passages with its strong, cooling scent. But those of us who prefer the most natural, eco-friendly products won't buy the rubs found in drug stores.
Why? It is said that petroleum slows cellular regeneration and forms a barrier that prevents skin from eliminating toxins and absorbing moisture. In addition, petroleum comes from the same refineries as crude oil, making it a non-sustainable resource. Luckily, you can make your own chest rub, with organic and pure ingredients. Not only is this home-made rub earth-friendly, but it is a soothing, natural substance to put on your child's skin.
What You'll Need:
Shallow jar or container with lid (like baby food)
Coconut Oil (choose Expeller Pressed so it doesn’t have a coconut smell)
Eucalyptus Essential Oil
Peppermint Essential Oil
1. Thoroughly wash and dry jar. Make note of how many ounces it holds before removing labels.
2. Scoop coconut oil into jar. Fill up to just under the rim.
3. Microwave for 10 seconds or until melted. Coconut oil melts at only 76 degrees, so it does not take long.
4. Add essential oils and stir with a toothpick. Use 10 drops of EACH essential oil per ounce. For example, if your jar holds 2 ounces, you will use 40 drops of essential oil. It sounds like a lot, but you will want this to be strong enough to open your airways. It's fine to use a different number of drops; play around with it until you are happy with the smell and the strength.
5. Put the jar in the refrigerator to cool. It only takes about 30 minutes to harden completely. Stir occasionally while mixture is still melted, to make sure the scents are well-mixed throughout the whole jar.
6. After it has hardened, you don't have to refrigerate again. Use as much as needed, and store in cool place, like a cupboard.
7. If desired, tie a ribbon and tag around the lid and give as a healthy, unique gift!”
Thanks so much Chrissy for this awesome step by step tutorial! This makes a great gift for this cold weather and I’m sure lots of moms will appreciate it.
Here is a short bio about Chrissy:
Chrissy owns a shop called WorldPeac on Etsy. She has traveled all over America, witnessing nature at its finest. She loves tall redwood trees, clean beaches, and breezy meadows; all of which fuel her to bring nature to your door. In her shop, you will mostly find jewelry and accessories made with materials direct from the earth. But in her spare time, Chrissy love to make cosmetics and herbal remedies using as few chemicals as possible. She said that she’s delighted to bring you this easy DIY recipe and as a special thanks, use coupon code "FEATURED" for 15% off anything in her shop.
Don’t miss out on this great offer from Chrissy!!!
Have a nice weekend everyone!