Handmade Jewelry for the Special Occasion

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Handmade Beach Wedding Favors

As you might have noticed I just love the summer, heat, sun and beach. But since I don't live in such place I can just dream on about it and will keep for a while dedicating my posts to the summer, which hopefully will come soon to the SF Bay area as well.

The other day I was looking for some cool baby shower favors, since my baby shower is in two weeks. I thought about doing some cute necklaces for the guests or maybe sugar scrub in a nice personalized jar. Anyways, I didn't do any since my awesome friends who are organizing my baby shower already took care of the favors. But still, while I was looking for favor ideas I thought the sugar scrub would make a perfect gift for bridal showers. Here is how it will look like when finished.
 
 Easy DIY Sugar Scrub for Wedding Favors

Very easy to make and you can find the ingredients locally at your supermarket and craft stores. You will need:
- 1 cup of Turbinado Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Essential Oil or Fragrance of your choice (for summer maybe something fresh Ocean Breeze related or Coconut)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of Almond Oil or any other of your preference
- 2 caps of Vitamin E
- Small Glass Jar
- Ribbon
- Charm, Tags or Cardstock

 Ingredients for the Sugar Scrub

Mix the Almond Oil with the Vitamin E and the Essential oil in a cup and add it to the Sugar in a larger bowl. Mix well and then add more of any of the ingredients if needed. I don't like too strong fragrances, so I chose to use half teaspoon, but you can add more. Once you have mixed everything well pour it into the glass jar. You can get small favor glass jars at Michaels or Jo-Ann. If you want larger jars you can find them in the supermarket. Another option is to get personalized jars online. Since it was for my personal use I just re-used a jar that I had at home. Now, for the decoration you can just do whatever your imagination tells you. I used a ribbon that I had at home and since I wanted it with a Beach look I just added a seashell charm, but you can personalize your tags or make your own with cardstock. Just let your creativity guide you!

 Personalized Favor Jar Ideas

What do you think? Look nice, right? Very easy to make, it will only take you a few minutes and it looks great! Please note that I'm not an expert in this, so you might consult with your dermatologist if you have very sensitive skin.

But I know not everyone has time or likes doing the stuff on their own, so here are some ready made Beach Wedding or Bridal Shower Favors that I've found online.

 Handmade Buckets with Chalkboard Favors here

 Bridesmaid Bridal Party Flip Flops here

 Handmade Personalized Engrave Stone Favors here

 Little Beach in a Bottle Wedding Favor here

 Handmade Rustic Wood Charm for Wedding Favors here

 Beach Crab Matchbox Wedding Favor here

Hope you find something that you like. Also let me know if you try the Sugar Scrub. I really love it and use it every day. Have fun creating! 

7 comments:

  1. Where do you get your jars from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What size jars did you do? I found some 4oz and 2oz jars and am trying to figure out which one would go best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrie, I actually used 8 oz jars. The 2 oz are definitely too small in my opinion. I didn't buy the ones that are in the wedding section since those are pretty small. You can find them in the glass section at Michaels or in some supermarkets, where the jam/conserve making supplies are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No doubt these are cool stuff i appreciated but someone have to give Rings for Wedding to his or her lover this gift will given by rest of friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These handmade beach wedding favors are amazing, will implement these ideas in my sister’s wedding at one of wedding venues. Will take my friend’s help as she is an event planner. Hope will be able to make it special day for her.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails